Support Diver for the European Astronaut Centre in Cologne, Germany
COMEX SA is looking for flexible freelance Divers to support the diving activities of the European Astronaut Centre.
The ESA’s European Astronaut Centre (EAC) in Cologne, Germany, houses a 10m deep diving tank for Underwater Astronaut Training and Test Operations related to Spacewalk Activities. COMEX SA provides a diving team for ESA to support those activities. The tasks of the COMEX Diving Team include support of the Astronaut Trainer and Test Conductor, preparation of the Diving Facility, Diving Support Underwater and on Deck. The Team is responsible for the safety and smooth conduct of the diving activities and ensures that all ESA regulations are applied.
Diving activities in the Astronaut Centre are not scheduled on a regular basis, but on demand and are only conducted during working days (no weekends or holidays) and office hours (8am to 7pm).
Every Support Diver will be trained and certified on different deck and diving functions within the internal ESA training system. Before entering the training and becoming a team member, divers need to:
- Pass a fitness test
- Pass a medical examination for working divers
Are you interested to support the COMEX Diving Team in Cologne and does the following apply to you?
- You are a Diving Instructor, Dive Master (or equivalent) or a professional Working Diver
- Your residence is close to the Cologne/Bonn area (Germany)
- You are a freelancer, student or you have a main occupation with flexible working time allowing you to pursue some additional activities
- You are fluent in English
- You like to work with other people in a team
- You are dependable, adaptable and enthusiastic to work in a Space Environment
Please send a short CV, focusing on your diving career to: email@example.com/p>
We are looking forward to hearing from you!